Legacy data is the data from your legacy or your older contracts. These are contracts that have been executed prior today. They may be current and still relevant or may not be (expired). it is important to track legacy data for following reasons:
- Information- much knowledge in the old contracts. This is lost if it is not in a new CLM.
- Reporting- can do triggers of contracts coming up for renewal, or suppliers contracts with penalty clauses etc.
- Adoption- CLM system is adopted if all the current and older contracts are in the new system.
- Revenue Recovery- police penalty clauses etc.
- Compliance- track items that would be affected by changes in regulation
To read more about the benefits, download our white paper 7 Reasons to Load Legacy Contracts